Building Blocks of API Management
In 2010 I started API Evangelist as a research project to look at how the top 250 popular APIs were doing business. I spent the summer of 2010 looking at these API providers and established a list of building blocks I found each provider using to manage their API operations.
I've been maintaining this list for 3 years now, looking at over 9,000 APIs and assessing the building blocks used by the top 2,000 APIs. I've tried to standardize these and establish a potential list that any API provider could consider when planning their own API management strategy.
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Red Hat Sees Docker Containers Driving More BaaS Flexibility
- Using Mobile APIs To Win In The Experience Economy
- OutSystems Upgrade Simplifies Mobile Application Development and Deployment
- New Resource APIs in Version 2 of the AWS SDK for Ruby
- Welcome the First AWS Community Heroes
- AWS Console Mobile App Now Supports DynamoDB
- We’ve Raised $10.8M to Drive the Mobile-Cloud Platform Shift in Enterprise IT
- Backwards API Compatibility Change Notice
- Amazon SNS - Now With Enhanced Support for iOS 8
- Announcing the Next Salesforce Million Dollar Hackathon!